An absolutely wonderful autumn treat.
The rich and smoky flavour of the chorizo compliments the earthy taste of the squash. It is super quick to make and tastes so good!
- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- Herbs de Provence
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- 350g ready rolled puff pastry
- 300g cherry tomatoes sliced
- 75g thinly sliced chorizo
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel, seed and chop the butternut squash into bite size
- Put the butternut squash in a baking tray and drizzle
- with the oil, sprinkle with the salt, pepper and herbs and add a little fresh chilli.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Set aside to cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry and leaving a 2cm boarder around
- the outside, add the chorizo first and cover with the
- butternut squash and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with a little more oil and bake for 20-30 minutes
- until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy straight away.
It doesn’t keep very well so eat it and enjoy it straight away.
Luckily I’ve never had a problem with left overs when it comes to this dinner!
I first created this recipe for my food news page in Time & Leisure magazine.