I love curry but I am not the best at making it. I’ve been experimenting and created this gorgeous ginger, lemongrass and butternut squash curry. The flavour was boosted with a knorr flavour pot and it made the curry, which seems like it should be really complicated, far more easy. The curry was thick and creamy. Sweet but with a hint of spice and had a lovely range of textures. It was a brilliant dinner.
I used one Knorr flavour pot with 2 tablespoons of oil to make a marinade. I coated the chicken and left it in the fridge for a few hours. It smelled amazing!
– 4 chicken breasts
– 1 ginger and lemongrass Knorr flavour pot
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 1 cm thumb of ginger peeled and chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic chopped
– fresh chilli to taste
– 100ml water
– 1 chicken stock cube
– 400ml coconut milk
– 200ml semi skimmed milk
– 1 butternut squash
– 200g runner beans
– In a pan on a medium heat soften the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger with a dash of oil. Cook for 2mins.
– Add the chicken.
– When the chicken is cooked add the coconut milk, milk and stock.
– Peel and cube the butternut squash and add it to the mix.
– Simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally until the squash is cooked.
– Add the green beans and cook for a few minutes until they are cooked.
– Serve with rice and enjoy.
It’s a very simple and delicious dinner. I hope you like it.