Banana and Chocolate Loaf with extra chocolate chips
Banana chocolate loaf is easily one of my most favourite things to make as it’s so easy and then so tasty.
The last time I tried it I decided to add some extra chocolate chips because some is good, more must be better right?
This time I added a mix of dark, milk and white chocolate chips in and it was divine!
180g unrefined soft brown sugar = light muscovado or light brown sugar
2 large eggs
280g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
tiny pinch of salt
3 medium sized bananas
1tsp vanilla extract
50g milk chocolate chips
50g white chocolate chips
50g dark chocolate chips
– This can be made by hand or in a mixer.
– Heat oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
– Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift in the flour with the bicarbonate of soda and salt, and mix. Add in the milk, vanilla, then the remaining flour and chocolate chips.
– Cut up the bananas in to small chunks (or mash them up) and then fold them in to the mixture.
– Fill the loaf tin with the mixture and bake for around 55-60 minutes until golden brown and until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
– Allow to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before turning out. To serve, cut into thick slices and serve warm or at room temperature.