Brioche Summer Fruit Pudding
Summer is the best time for fresh fruit and who doesn’t love a pudding. Which this in mind I adapted a family favorite to have a more summer fruit theme. This is the fantastic brioche summer fruit pudding. Toasted brioche with hot summer fruits which is very quick to make and eat!
Here are the slices of hot toasted brioche triangles covered in hot berries. Amazing.
Yummy berries all getting hot and softening.
-100g redcurrant jelly
-juice and zest of 1 lemon-2 tablespoons of Armagnac or brandy
-8 slices of Pasquier Brioche cut in half into triangles
-500g fresh or frozen summer berries (strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, blueberries, raspberries, redcurrants)
-icing sugar for dusting
– In a large pan on a low/medium heat gently mix and soften the redcurrant jelly, lemon juice and Armagnac.
– When it’s lightly bubbling and reduced a little add the fruit and coat it in the juice.
– Once the juice the fruit is in has started bubbling but the fruit isn’t too mushy turn it down to prepare the brioche toast.
– Cut the brioche slices in half to make triangles and to get them toasted all at the right time I use the grill but a toaster would work well too.
– Toast both sides until golden brown.
– Lay the slices on a large plate and drizzle the gorgeous hot fruit over the top.
– Add a sprinkle of icing sugar and serve straight away.
This takes less than 20mins to make and eat!
For the brioche I used Pasquier sliced brioche loaf. It was lovely and toasted very well and quickly. It isn’t too sweet like some brioche but sweet enough to compliment the fruit.
The last slices dripping with fruit juice ready to be eaten.
A dusting of icing looks lovely and also adds a sweetness to the fruit which can sometimes be a little tart!