Chocolate and Cardamom Biscuits
I love chocolate and I love biscuits.
So here is my latest tasty experiment in the chocolate biscuits – chocolate and cardamom biscuits with chocolate butter cream filling. Yes they are as amazing as they sound!
Cardamom and chocolate oddly go together very well. These biscuits have a medium to strong taste which compliments the chocolate so much. The butter cream makes the biscuits so sweet and a good proper snack especially with a cup of chai tea.
I made these biscuits a few inches wide so you get a good amount of sugary goodness. One is a perfect size to enjoy as a snack.
– 200g unsalted butter
– 200g caster sugar
– 60g chocolate cocoa powder
– 350g plain flour
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons of cardamom seeds ground
– Cream together the sugar and butter.
– Mix in the egg and ground cardamom.
– Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder.
– Lightly knead the dough until it comes together as a ball. If it’s too dry add a teaspoon of milk.
– Wrap the dough in cling film and pop in the fridge for half an hour.
– Roll out the dough to medium thickness just shy of a cm is good.
– Stamp out your biscuits and put them on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray and pop back in the fridge for 20 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
– Bake the biscuits for 8-12 minutes until just firm to touch.
– Leave to cool on a wrack before icing.
Chocolate butter cream ingredients
– 150g icing sugar
– 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 75g unsalted butter
– 3 teaspoons boiling water
– Sieve the icing into a bowl with the cocoa powder.
– Add the water and butter and using a hand/stand mixer beat until smooth.– Leave at room temperature until you are ready to use it.
– Sandwich the biscuits together with the butter cream and enjoy.
With the last of the dough I stamped out a few little hearts. These worked so so well as ice cream toppers. The cardamom and chocolate taste with vanilla ice cream was a treat. I will definitely be making more of these when the weather is warmer and it’s the official ice cream season.
Squidgy chocolate butter cream with hard biscuit. Delightful.