Chocolate Chip Cookies
My family are big cookie fans and this is the family recipe. It is so good and quick to make.
Made and out of the oven in 20 mins.
200g soft light brown sugar
125g unsalted butter (soft)
a few drops of vanilla essence
1 medium egg
200g plain flour
half a teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
100g of chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of milk and white chocolate but any flavour will do)
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– Line baking tray with greaseproof paper
– Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
– Add the vanilla and egg and mix in
– Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
– Add the chocolate chips and mix in
– I make large cookies by scooping 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture on to a baking sheet. You can do any size cookies but larger will need a minute or two more in the oven.
– They need to bake for about 10 mins until golden brown.
If you want to make it a little more interesting a little ginger or mixed spice tastes great in the cookies.