Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
Lemon Bundt Cake
This is a very easy recipe and it tastes divine!
I used the Fairy Tale Hansel and Gretel cottage Nordic Ware bundt pan for the cake but it would also work in a normal cake tin.
- 225g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 350g Tesco’s Lemon yoghurt
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon of mixed peel finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 c.
- Grease the bundt pan with melted butter and dust with flour – this will help you see if you haven’t greased any spots.
- Cream the butter (at room temperature) and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, measure and sieve out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest into the creamed ingredients and mix well.
- Sift in the flour in two halves. Mix this slowly until all the flour has disappeared. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the mix into a greased and floured tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. I turn it around after 35 minutes to make sure it’s evenly cooked.
- The cake will pull away from the edge of the tin when it is ready.
- Leave the cake to cool fully before removing from the tin.
- I decorated the cake with icing once cool.
Happy Baking x