Making Hanging Gingerbread Decorations
I love trying new things and I’ve always wanted to try making gingerbread hanging decorations for the Christmas tree, so I had a go.
Here are my biscuits ready to decorate.
I used the gingerbread recipe I’ve posted up a few times
Gingerbread Recipe –
60g unsalted butter
50g dark muscovado sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
160g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1.5 tsps of ground ginger
– Preheat the oven to 180°C,
– Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper or use a non stick tray.
– Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger & spices into a bowl and stir the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a stiff dough.
– Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan, stirring so all the ingredients have combined.
– Remove from the heat and pour into the dried ingredients.
– If the dough is really crumby add a few drops of water to hold the mixture together.
– Roll out the dough – make sure your have floured the work top as it can stick.
– Cut out the shapes you want to hang and place them on a tray. When they are on a tray use a straw to cut the circles (to hold the ribbon to hang the gingerbread up with) through the gingerbread.
– Bake for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown.
– Once cool it’s time to decorate them.
Here is my video on how to make the hanging decorations
Happy Baking x