Nordic Ware’s New Giant Heart Shaped Cookie Tin
I used this family favourite recipe to try out this new cookie tin. I love the idea of the giant cookie. I think this tin would be great to make shortbread with. The tin was great and had a lovely coating of non stick. I still used a bit of butter to grease it and dust of flour to add as an extra coating, just to be careful. I’m a major worrier when it comes to things sticking as it gets so upsetting when something goes wrong for lack of greasing. I am looking forward to using this tin for heart shaped pizzas too. Since I make pizza a lot this won’t take long!
Cookies are very soft when they come out of the oven so don’t remove until it’s cold or it will break. A proper biscuit would be fun to try in this tin as it would be far easier to remove. It you want to make a cookie it might be worth cutting a piece of greaseproof paper and popping it in the tin to get out easily x
I was tempted to double this recipe for the tin but a single amount fitted perfectly!
Family chocolate chip cookie recipe
200g soft light brown sugar
125g unsalted butter (soft)
a few drops of vanilla essence
1 medium egg
200g plain flour
half a teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
100g of chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of milk and white chocolate but any flavour will do)
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– Line baking tray with greaseproof paper
– Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
– Add the vanilla and egg and mix in
– Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
– Add the chocolate chips and mix in
– I make large cookies by scooping 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture on to a baking sheet. You can do any size cookies but larger will need a minute or two more in the oven.
If you want to make it a little more interesting a little ginger or mixed spice tastes great in the cookies.