Nutella and Banana Chocolate Cookies
I love nutella and banana slices on toast and wanted to turn that love of chocolate into a cookie.
I think that these have to be the best cookies I’ve ever made!
My family loved them and they disappeared very quickly.
100g unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
100g light brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 medium egg
200g self-raising flour
20g cocoa powder (40g works well too if you want a more cocoa cookie)
Tiny pinch of salt
A jar of nutella – 1 teaspoon per tablespoon of cookie
1 large banana into slices and then cut in half again
1. Line a few trays with baking paper. I use 3 for this recipe as the cookies spread a lot.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and stir in well.
4. Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix into a dough.
5. Pop in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
8. Remove from fridge and take a heaped tablespoon for each cookie. Roll into a ball and flatten into a disc. Put a heaped teaspoon of nutella in the centre of the disc and the banana (I put 4 pieces in). Roll the cookie back into a ball by pulling the sides in. Put on a baking tray, leaving a good distance between them as they will spread.
9. Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies are firm to the touch on the edges and still soft in the centre.
10. Leave to cool slightly before enjoying.
Here is the nutella and banana in the cookie disc before rolling into a ball.
Gooey centre cookies are the best!