Really Easy Pizza Recipe
What is great about this recipe is you can make an hour before you need it or make it earlier in the day and leave it to prove until you want it. The dough only takes 10 minute to mix and knead and 1 hour to prove. I usually make this at lunch time and leave it all afternoon until I’m ready to knock it back and roll out at dinner time.
This makes 3 large pizzas, 4 medium pizzas.
(You can use wholemeal flour instead but you might need to add a little more water)
300g Strong White flour
half a teaspoon of dried yeast
half a teaspoon of salt
180ml of tepid water
2 tablespoon of olive oil
– You can do this in a mixer or by hand. In a mixer add all the dry ingredients to the bowl with the oil and add the water gradually.
– By hand – In a bowl add the flour, salt and yeast and mix together. Add the water gradually until you form a soft dough, you don’t want a sticky dough.
– When you have formed a dough tip it out on to a work top and add the oil. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
– Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 1 hour or longer.
– When you are ready knock the dough back and cut into how many pizzas you want and roll out. Put on a baking or pizza tray. Add the toppings you want and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
I love adding fresh rocket and red onion to my pizza when it comes out of the oven. Yum!