I’ve recently started baking using American style cups and this recipe was fantastic and produced such lovely looking cookies ready decorated when it came out of the oven.
The great part of these cookies as you can try all different sprinkles to give different looks.
150g unsalted butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all plain flour
1 cup sprinkles
– 150g unsalted butter
– 100g caster sugar
– 40g cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1 large egg– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 160g plain flour
- Line two large baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Beat butter in a mixer or by hand until creamy.
- Add granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in well. Add the egg and vanilla extract and then beat in the all plain flour. Dough should not be sticky.
- Fill a small bowl with the sprinkles.
- Measure out dough balls by using a spoon – I find tablespoon sized balls work well. Roll into a ball between your hands and roll dough ball in sprinkles until coated.
- When all of dough has been rolled into balls and sprinkle-coated, place the baking trays in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and then bake for 12 minutes.
Rolled and ready for the oven.
These ones look kind of Christmassy!
Happy Baking x