Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This is a very tasty cheesecake and as it was my first ever time making it. I can say with certainty it was very easy to make! Plus with this gorgeous heatwave we’ve been having a fridge bake was well timed.
This is for a 8inch tin size – 8-10 portions
90g unsalted butter
300g shortbread biscuits
600g soft cream cheese
120g caster sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon
300ml of double fresh cream
1 punnet of strawberries approx 400g
– Melt the butter gently and take off the heat
– Crush the shortbread biscuits. I put the shortbread in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them.
– Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
– Lightly grease a 8inch tin (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later)
– Put the biscuits crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer. Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes
– In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar is well distributed.
– Grate the lemon to get the zest and the cut in half and squeeze the juice in to the cream cheese mixture with the zest.
-Mix the lemon juice and zest in well.
– Lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken and then add to the cream cheese and lemon mixture.
– Stir in well.
– Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top levelling it out.
– Put the cheesecake back in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour until the cheese part has set.
– Serve with the fresh strawberries and enjoy! *also works very well with other fruits too*
I had to use a mix of shortbread as I had some I could use up
Shortbread crumbs are a good session bashing them with a rolling pin.
Lemon zest on the cream cheese.
Adding the cream cheese mixture to the base.
All levelled out and ready for the fridge.
I always get scared taking the cake out – a pot of nutella and tin of fruit work very well to hold the cake while I pulled the tin down.
The finished cake with lots of fresh strawberries.
I love how smooth the cheese later looked!
Close up of the cake!
Happy baking x