Chicken, sweet potato and lentil one pot roast
To celebrate Knorr winning first prize in the Sauce & Seasoning category for this year’s Product of the Year awards with their flavour pots I have come up with some gorgeous recipes to show off how good they are.
The first dinner I came up with is a one pot chicken, lentil and sweet potato roast. It was so delicious and is now a firm family favourite. I used a garlic flavour pot and a mixed herbs flavour pot. The pots were fantastic and really bought out a gorgeous flavour to the dinner.
– 4 chicken legs with skins and bones
– 1 tablespoon of oil
– 2 onions
– 2 garlic cloves
– 3 sticks of celery
– 1 teaspoon of butter
– 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
– 200g green lentils
– 1.5 litres of boiling water
– 1 mixed herbs Knorr flavour pot
– 1 garlic Knorr flavour pot
– 1 large sweet potato
– salt and pepper
– Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
– In a casserole dish brown the chicken with a little oil.
– Remove the chicken legs from the pot and set aside.
– Chop the onions, garlic and celery and soften in the dish with the butter on a medium heat.
– Add the chicken legs back in.
– Peel and chop up the sweet potato into small bite size chunks.
– Add the potato and the tomato puree.
– Make up the stock with the water, garlic and mixed herbs flavour pots.
– Add it to the dish with a pinch of salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
– Cook the green lentils – put them in a saucepan with cold water just to cover them. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes and then spoon them out and pop them in with the chicken. They will finish cooking in the pot.
– Stick the pot in the oven with a lid on for 1 hour.
– Take out of the oven and give it a good stir.
– Taste the stock now the chicken is cooked and add more seasoning if required.
– Pop back in the oven for 20 minutes without the lid on.
– Serve and enjoy!
Here is the gorgeous box of goodies I was sent with the fabulous range of Knorr flavour pots.
Chicken thighs are great for one pot roasts. They have a lot of flavour.
I love how the sweet potato with the lentils compliments the chicken so well.
The finished dinner looked amazing and tasted so good.
It was fresh and although like a stew it reminded me of a spring dinner.
I can see why the flavour pots were voted product of the year.
Expect more dinners on the blog soon!