Christmas Jam Rice Pudding
I love rice pudding and this gorgeous jammy twist makes it so much more special.
Adding a gorgeous jammy and fruit layer under the rice pudding makes it so delicious.
– 150g fruity jam (I used mackays Christmas jam but blackberry and cherry works very well too)
– 100g fruit to go compliment the jam. I used a little mix strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to go with the jam. Frozen summer fruit works well too
– 2 tablespoons of water
– sugar to taste
– 600ml of whole milk (It’s worth using the whole milk as it gives it a much better taste in my view)
– 350ml double cream
– 50g caster sugar
– 1 vanilla pod
– 140g pudding rice
– Start by making the jammy layer.
– Put the jam, water and fruit into a saucepan and warm up gently and leave on low until the fruit has started to soften and is slightly mushy.
– Take off the heat and leave to cool.
To make the rice pudding
– Add the milk, cream and sugar into a large saucepan with the seeds from the vanilla pod and the vanilla pod itself (You take it out once the rice has cooked). Warm up and bring to simmer.
– Pop in the rice and be ready to be stirring for a while. Stir the rice frequently making sure it hasn’t stuck to the bottom of the pan.
– It will take about 50-60 minutes for the rice to cook. To make sure it is cooked pull a little out and taste it. It shouldn’t be hard. Take the vanilla pod out.
– Preheat the oven to 160 degree (150 fan).
– In an oven proof dish spoon in the jammy mix and then spoon on the rice on top.
– Pop in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until it starts getting a nice crispy top and starting to brown.
– Serve hot and enjoy x
Jam and rice pudding. Happiness!
Happy eating x