Christmas Pudding Ice Cream – no churn recipe
Mix together the cream and crumble up Christmas pud to make this delicious Christmas Pudding Ice Cream. It’s perfect for using up any pudding leftovers too.
This is such a treat as it is so creamy but the flavours of the spices and fruit make it such a very yummy. It’s rather rich but that means a little scoop is just enough. I love the chunks of Christmas pudding throughout the ice cream. I can’t wait to whip up another batch in time for Christmas.
It’s made with double cream, icing sugar, condensed milk, a few Christmas spices and crumbled up Christmas pudding. For only 4 ingredients it is very impressive. I’ve even made some nice jars of it and given it as gifts. It has been very happily received and I’ve had more ordered by friends and family for their parties and events.
The recipe is super easy to make. It’s also doesn’t set super hard so you it’s easy to scoop out when serving. I love a soft scoop as you don’t have to wait for ages. I’m not a patient person. I want my ice cream now!
Christmas pudding ice cream recipe
Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
- 600 ml double cream
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 450 g Christmas pudding
- Add the double cream and condensed milk to a bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- Sieve in the icing sugar and mixed spice and mix together until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl crumble up the Christmas pudding with your fingers.
- Stir in the Christmas pudding.
- Spoon the mix into a freezer safe container and freeze ready for when you fancy a scoop. It takes a few hours but I'd recommend leaving over night at least.
This little bowl of ice cream was full of Christmas tastes and was instantly a hit in my house. If you’re anything like my family there is always too much Christmas pudding as everyone buys an extra one just in case. I hope that is repeated this year so I can whip up another batch with the left overs. Well it would be a waste and a sadness to not use it all up. Enjoy a scoop or two.
Pin me for later
Check out my other Christmas recipes
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite