Easter Chocolate Mini Egg Cookies
Chocolate cookies are great especially with extra chocolate on top! To give the cookies an Easter twist I’ve added mini eggs. I am a bit of a mini egg fan. A lot to be honest.
100g unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
100g light brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 medium egg
200g self-raising flour
40g cocoa powder
Tiny pinch of salt
Mini Eggs as many as you like. I found 1 bag was enough if you put 3 on each.
1. Line a few trays with baking paper. I use 3 for this recipe as the cookies spread a lot.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and stir in well.
4. Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix into a dough.
5. Pop in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
8. Remove from fridge and take a heaped tablespoon for each cookie. Roll into a ball and stud with the mini eggs.
9. Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies are firm to the touch on the edges and still soft in the centre.
10. Leave to cool slightly before enjoying.
Maybe too many eggs on this cookie…