Elderflower and Strawberry Cheesecake
I refuse to believe that this wonderful summer is over so quickly so I’ve been making elderflower cheesecakes again to remember the sunshine and all the time spent outside.
I’ve made this cheesecake into individual cheesecakes perfect for a picnic or for puddings. It can be made in to a large cheesecake too.
Makes 10 cupcake size cheesecakes. Double the recipe for a large cheesecake.
50g unsalted butter
150g shortbread biscuits
300g tub of soft cream cheese (I use the Sainsbury’s own brand cream cheese as I think it’s the best)
60g caster sugar
zest and juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons of BottleGreen Elderflower Cordial
150ml of double cream
1 punnet of fresh in season strawberries
Elderflower flowers to decorate if you can get them. I had a few dried flowers from a friend.
– Melt the butter gently and take off the heat.
– Bash and crush the shortbread biscuits. I put the shortbread in a plastic bag and bashed it with a rolling pin.
– Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter and mix in well.
– Prepare 10 cupcake cases in a baking tray – this helps hold the shape as the biscuit and cream cheese hardens in the fridge.
– Put the biscuits crumbs into the cupcake cases and push down to make a hard layer. I used about 2 tablespoons of crumbs per cupcake case. Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes
– In a bowl lightly cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar is mixed in.
– Grate the lime to get the zest, save some for decoration and add the rest, then squeeze the juice in to the cream cheese mixture.
– Mix the elderflower cordial in. If you want a stronger taste add more elderflower or less if you want it more delicate.
– Lightly whip the double cream by hand until it starts to thicken and then add it to the cream cheese and lime mixture.
– Stir in well.
– Take the cupcake case bases out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top leveling it out.
– Put the cheesecakes back in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour until the cheese part has set.
– Slice up the strawberries and serve with a sprinkle of zest on top and enjoy!