Gin Bank Holiday Cocktails
Hopefully the bank holiday will be filled sunshine and warmth plus a cocktail in the garden would be nice too.
I’ve recently discovered gin in cocktails and this London Dry Gin from Aldi is lovely plus it is very affordable at only £10.19. It’s nice to not have to spend a fortune on big items like this. Plus it’s also a award winning (International Wine & Spirit Competition Silver and Spirits Challenge 2014 Gold).
I have had the very hard job (wink wink) of trying out gin cocktails. My friend and I had a lovely evening with different juices and fresh fruit to play with. We came up with 2 lovely cocktails one with raspberries and one with apple juice and both with a splash of lime.
Gin and Apple Cocktail
I really liked this cocktail. It didn’t have a too strong gin taste but was refreshing and the gin left a nice after taste with the sweetness of the apple.
– 2 shots of London Dry Gin (Aldi)
– 1 shot of sparkling water or tonic if you want a stronger taste
– 1 shot of apple juice– a good splash of lime
– Mix the ingredients together with ice and serve with a wedge of lime and ice.
I don’t have a fancy shot measuring thing so I used a little shot glass I had.
* to make this cocktail even better add an extra shot of elderflower cordial – wowzers *
Raspberry Gin Cocktail
The raspberry cocktail is gorgeous. It’s worth taking the time to make some raspberry coulis or buy some to add to the drink to boost the berry flavour.
– squash some raspberries in to a bottle of gin and leave for a few days.
– Sieve the gin to take out all the pips and fruit and pour the gin back in to the bottle ready to use.
Raspberry coulis or shop bought
-Take 200g raspberries and 50g caster sugar and press through a sieve into a bowl. Save the juice and discard the pulp. As well as cocktails this coulis works amazing well on pancakes.
– 2 shot of raspberry gin
– 3 shots of tonic
– 1 shot of raspberry coulis
– splash of lime
Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
The coulis will sink and the cocktail looks very deep with the dark coulis at the bottom and the lighter raspberry gin at the top.
The Aldi gin is only £10.19 a bottle and is available in Aldi stores
Happy cocktail time x