Gluten Free Blueberry American style Pancakes – lactofree
Have you tried these delicious Blueberry American Style Pancakes? They are also gluten and lactofree. Perfect for pancake day.
Hooray it’s Pancake Day this week!
To celebrate the best excuse for pancakes I have come up with delicious lactofree and gluten free blueberry American style pancakes. I made theses to create a delicious breakfast when a gluten free and dairy free friend visited for the weekend. You really wouldn’t know there was any difference to normal pancakes and I think these are actually a little lighter and fluffier!
I made these pancakes with gluten free flour and ground almonds. They were so good.
The almonds added a fabulous nuttiness which complimented the blueberries very well. I like that were chunky pancakes. A good tasty bite with each fork full works for me. As well as gluten free these are also lactofree. These pancakes are simple to make and any extra toppings like bacon and maple syrup very much recommended.
It’s great to be able to produce a delicious breakfast for my gluten and lactofree friends which we can all enjoy. It tastes delicious and definitely can’t tell that it uses lactofree milk and gluten free flour. The soft spongy pancakes studded with hot fruit are incredible and definitely a favourite way to start the weekend for me.
Gluten Free Blueberry American style Pancakes - lactofree
- 150 g gluten free flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 300 ml lactofree milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 100 g blueberries plus extra for decoration
- pinch of ginger and mixed spice optional
- In a bowl stir all the dry ingredients together.
- Measure out the milk in a jug and add the egg, vanilla and whisk together.
- Add to the dry ingredients and whisk up until smooth and thick.
- Add the blueberries and give a good stir.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan add a little sunflower oil.
- Take a small/medium ladle of batter for each pancake if you want to make a tower of them.
- Cook the pancake on medium heat until it's easy to move in the pan and flip.
- When both sides are golden brown serve.
- Lemon juice, sugar and extra blueberries worked very!
They were so good. I really wanted to make a bigger stack of pancakes but I was too eager to get tucked in!
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite