Butternut Squash, Chorizo And Tomato Tart
An absolutely wonderful autumn treat.
The rich and smoky flavour of the chorizo compliments the earthy taste of the squash. It is super quick to make and tastes so good!
- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- Herbs de Provence
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- 350g ready rolled puff pastry
- 300g cherry tomatoes sliced
- 75g thinly sliced chorizo
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel, seed and chop the butternut squash into bite size
- Put the butternut squash in a baking tray and drizzle
- with the oil, sprinkle with the salt, pepper and herbs and add a little fresh chilli.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Set aside to cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry and leaving a 2cm boarder around
- the outside, add the chorizo first and cover with the
- butternut squash and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with a little more oil and bake for 20-30 minutes
- until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy straight away.
It doesn’t keep very well so eat it and enjoy it straight away.
Luckily I’ve never had a problem with left overs when it comes to this dinner!
I first created this recipe for my food news page in Time & Leisure magazine.