Country Grain Pizza Base Recipe
Friday night is homemade pizza night and my new favourite pizza dough is made with a mix of the Allinson’s Country Grain and regular strong white flour. It has a delicious nuttiness to it and makes pizza even more exciting!
Allinson’s flours are amazing quality and they have a wonderful taste. I would really recommend them.
Ingredients – serves 4
– 300g Allinson Country Grain flour
– 100g strong white flour
– half a teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon dried yeast
– 200ml warm water
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– You can do this in a mixer or by hand.
In a mixer add all the dry ingredients to the bowl with the oil and add the water gradually.
– By hand – In a bowl add the flours, salt. yeast and olive oil mix together. Add the water gradually until you form a soft dough, you don’t want a sticky dough.
– When you have formed a dough tip it out on to a work top and knead for 10 minutes with a little extra plain flour until the dough is soft and smooth.
– Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 1 hour or longer. I tend to make the dough at lunch time and leave it all afternoon.
– When you are ready knock the dough back and divide into four and roll out. Put on a baking or pizza tray. Add the toppings you want and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees until golden brown.
The pizza base looked so good and smelled brilliant too. The mix of the grains within the dough is a real treat.