Grilled nectarine, chicken and parma ham summer salad
This Grilled nectarine, chicken and parma ham summer salad is the perfect feast on a hot sunny day. Filled with beautiful fresh flavours you’ll want seconds.
Update – I am the runner up of the Summer Treats competition with this recipe!
To celebrate the freshness and joy of summer food I have a gorgeous #summertreats dinner to share. I give you the very easy and delicious grilled nectarine, chicken and Parma ham summer salad.
This salad works so well with hot or cold chicken and is a brilliant dish to take on a picnic. This is a great mix of fruit, herbs, creamy mozzarella, chickens and that slightly salty Parma ham. I like to think of this meal as a starter, main and dessert all in one.
The nectarines with the herbs were delicious and worked so well. I love the smell of thyme and rosemary with the nectarines. You could cook this on the barbecue of in a grill pan.
The slightly caramelised nectarines in the salad.
I topped the salad with a handful of almond flakes which added another nice texture to the finished salad.
Grilled Nectarine, Chicken and Parma Ham Summer Salad
- 6 nectarines
- handful of fresh thyme
- handful of fresh rosemary
- handful of fresh mint
- 4 Parma ham slices
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cos lettuces
- 4 spring onions
- 2 mozzarella balls roughly 300g
- handful of tomatoes sundried tomatoes work really well too
- handful of flaked almonds
- olive oil
- 1 juice of one lemon
- balsamic vinegar
- Slice the nectarines and remove the stones. Sprinkles with a handful of thyme, rosemary and a little lemon juice. Add a tiny sprinkle of caster sugar.
- Heat up a griddle pan (I like the ones with the lines so you can get a nice pattern on the fruit).
- Cook the nectarines on high on both sides. Add a little water, a teaspoon or two, to the pan make a little syrup on the pan.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a separate pan cook the chicken on a low heat, or steam however you fancy cooking it.
- When it's cooked remove from the heat and cup up into thin slices. If you want the chicken hot do the chicken last.
- Cut up the lettuce and put it in a large bowl along with the chopped tomatoes, spring onions and the fresh thyme, rosemary and a little mint.
- Pull apart the mozzarella and Parma ham and add to the salad.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Add a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar over and with everything together before serving.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and enjoy.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
If you want to add a little spice add some chopped chilli or cook the chicken a hot sauce.
This post was supported by Rennie but the recipe and all opinions are my own. #summertreats
Other of my delicious salad recipes
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite