Leftover Curry Omelette
It may sound a bit odd but once you try the leftover curry omelette I promise you’ll be ordering extra dishes just to use the next day for brunch!
leftover curry omelette!
So on a Friday night after a hard week your eyes are bigger than your belly and you order enough takeway to feed a family so there is plenty of left overs for the next day. Sound familiar? It definitely happens to me a fair bit! Or you order enough but they give you a few dishes. No matter how you came by it the extra food is there. I normally love a day old curry with some fresh crusty bread to dip in it, but now I have something even better… Leftover curry omelette.
The finished result is a beautiful pan ready to be shared. I love having a bit of a left over spinach dish as it helps to add a beautiful look to the finished dish.
For roughly 2 portions of left over food you will need 4 eggs.
Left over curry ready to turned into an omelette. I would recommend cutting up any large pieces of meet and vegetables.
Cook on the top of the hob while you warm up the grill. Once the bottom is cooked place under the grill to cook the top. It should only take a few minutes.
- 4 eggs (2 per person)
- 100ml milk
- a few left over curry dishes (enough for one to two people as a normal portion)
- teaspoon of butter
- Whisk together the eggs and milk with the salt and pepper.
- Chop up any large pieces of meat or vegetables in the curry.
- Add the curry dishes to the eggs and stir in.
- Heat a pan to a medium heat and add a dash of butter.
- Pour in the curry mix into the pan.
- Move it around gently in the pan until it starts to firm up.
- Heat up the grill and once the base seems to be firm pop the omelette under the grill to cook the top for approximately 5-8 minutes until the omelette goes golden brown.
- Serve straight away with mango chutney, fresh onion salad or have it on it's own. Always delicious.
The only problem with this meal is that once you try it you will find yourself possibly buying extra takeaway so you can make this for brunch the next morning.