On cold nights I love being reminded of summer and the fabulous fresh limes and mint which took over so many of my recipes. A delicious dinner that packs a super punch of flavour and what I love is that there is a mojito cocktail used to cook the meat. So make a few glasses to enjoy with dinner.
Once the beef is cooked add it to a tortilla with some fresh tomatoes, red onion, more fresh mint, grated cheese and chillies if you want a bit of extra spice. Pop it into a sandwich press and cook. Enjoy the delicious taste of the mojito beef in the hot shell.
- 400g sirloin steak sliced
- 4 limes
- 175ml white rum
- 50ml water
- approximately 20/30 large mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- half a red onion
- handful of tomatoes
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- Heat up the sandwich press.
- Grate the cheese, chop the tomato and onion and set aside
- Thinly slice the beef and add to a hot pan with the rum, water, half the mint leaves and the sugar.
- Once cooked removed from the pan and divide between the tortillas.
- Add the cheese, extra mint, tomatoes and onion to taste. Plus any fresh chilli or chilli sauce. I love adding an extra squeeze of lime.
- Cook in the sandwich press until golden brown and serve while hot. Adding extra guacamole and salsa is also a delicious way to top the meal.