Red Pesto Pasta Simple Supper
It’s a glorious hot and sunshine filled day in London today and when it’s hot I don’t want to spend time over a hot stove making dinner. This very simple super is quick, tastes delicious and is pretty healthy too.
Red pesto is made from pine nuts, tomatoes, basil and cheese. Plus a little chilli if you fancy it. You can make it yourself or most supermarkets tend to stock a nice size jar which feeds about 4 for £1.
– 200g red pesto
– 320g pasta bows (roughly 80g per person)
– 300g baby/plum tomatoes– chopped flat leaf parsley
– extra pine nuts to decorate if you want
– Cook the pasta as per instructions on the pack.
– Drain the pasta and pop into a bowl with the pesto, tomatoes and parsley and give it a good stir and serve straight away.