Pistachio, Pesto and Lime Chicken
I love big sharing bowls on the table for friends and family at dinner and this inspired me to make my first recipe of 2017! I
The pistachio, pesto and lime chicken on a bed of pasta and salad is a super tasty dish, full of flavour while remaining healthy, fresh and filling.
To make this dish I used my brand new kitchen gadget (and possibly my favourite I’ve had) the Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series blender from Froothie www.froothie.co.uk . It came with two blender cups which have been perfect for making sauces, in the small cup and smoothie and milkshakes in the larger one. There are so many settings and I can’t wait to really use this machine to the best of it’s abilities.
This the beautiful pistachio, pesto and lime paste.
Leave the chicken to marinate for as long as possible a few minutes works perfectly.
- 150g pistachios (80g without shells)
- 45g of pesto (1 big tablespoon)
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salad leaves
- 1 Mozzarella ball
- 1 buffalo tomato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- Remove the shells from the pistachios
- Add them to the blender with the pesto and lime juice. Blitz until it forms a paste and add the olive oil. Add a little more lime juice and oil if it’s a bit thick.
- Slice up the chicken in to long strips and mix the chicken and the paste together. Leave to marinate for a few minutes or hours if you have the time. You can cook it straight away.
- Heat up a pan with a little oil and cook the chicken.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Take a large bowl and rounded the edges add the salad leaves, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Drizzle the salad with the oil and balsamic vinegar.
- When the pasta is cooked add it the centre of the bowl.
- Place the hot chicken on top.
- Dirzzle the pasta and chicken with a little oil and the juice of the lime.
- Serve and enjoy
The mix of the hot chicken with the bite of the pistachio crust, against the soft pasta, creamy mozzarella and fresh salad just works a treat. My family said it was one of the best dishes I’ve ever made and gave it 10/10! Which I’m pretty proud of.
Disclaimer – I was given the the Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series blender from Froothie to use in creating recipes. The recipe is my own.