Sausage and Chilli Pasta
I love a good tomato and chili pasta and I’ve recently discovered how good sausages are in a pasta sauce. The chilli paste tastes good and packs a punch when being used in pastas.
I have a really simple recipe and a few friend have asked for the recipe I’ve decided to put it on my blog for everyone.
All credit needs to go to my dad who makes the best pasta sauces and taught me everything I know… but not the secret ingredient.
– 6 chipolata sausages
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
– 1 tin of tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon chilli paste from Sainsbury’s (less if you don’t want it too spicy)
– a sprinkling of fresh or tried oregano and thyme
– choice of pasta or spaghetti
– Cook the sausages and set aside.
– Slice up the onion and soften gently in a warm pan with a little oil.
– When the onion is soft add the cut up garlic and allow to soften for a few minutes.
– Add the tomato puree and tin of tomatoes and stir in well.
– Slice up the sausages and add to the sauce.
– Mix the chilli paste in to the sauce and add the fresh or dried herbs with a bit of salt and pepper too.
– Allow to bubble on a low heat while you cook the pasta/spaghetti.
Serve and enjoy x