Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe – no bake
This classic Strawberry Cheesecake is a highlight of English summer time. It’s a no bake beauty and is perfect for summer parties and events.
This is a very tasty cheesecake and as it was my first ever time making it. I can say with certainty it was very easy to make! Plus with this gorgeous heatwave we’ve been having a fridge bake was well timed.
I have been obsessed with cheesecake since I first made a Mary Berry strawberry cheesecake as a kid. I remember making them with my gran and loving it how easy it was. Then of course diving in to it once it was set was the prize.
No bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No bake strawberry cheesecakes are my favourite. No baking in an oven and it sets really easily in the fridge. It’s lovely cold and perfect for events and parties in the summer. It can also be made in advance and left in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
strawberry cheesecake Philadelphia
There are so many types of cream cheese you can for the no bake strawberry cheesecake. Philadelphia is a great brand that has a smooth consistency and lovely taste. However you can use other brands too for this cheesecake.
How to make the Strawberry Cheesecake
I had to use a mix of shortbread as I had some I could use up
Shortbread crumbs are a good session bashing them with a rolling pin.
Lemon zest on the cream cheese.
Adding the cream cheese mixture to the base.
All levelled out and ready for the fridge.
I always get scared taking the cake out – a pot of nutella and tin of fruit work very well to hold the cake while I pulled the tin down.
The finished cake with lots of fresh strawberries.
I love how smooth the cheese later looked!
Close up of the cake!
Happy baking x
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 90 g unsalted butter
- 300 g shortbread biscuits
- 600 g soft cream cheese
- 120 g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 ml of double fresh cream
- 1 punnet of strawberries approx 400g
- Melt the butter gently and take off the heat
- Crush the shortbread biscuits. I put the shortbread in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them.
- Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter until all the biscuits are coated in the butter.
- Lightly grease a 8inch tin (I also added a greaseproof paper circle at the bottom to help it off the base later)
- Put the biscuits crumbs into the tin and push down to make a hard layer. Put in the fridge for 20-30minutes
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and caster sugar until the sugar is well distributed.
- Grate the lemon to get the zest and the cut in half and squeeze the juice in to the cream cheese mixture with the zest.
- Mix the lemon juice and zest in well.
- Lightly whip the double cream until it starts to thicken and then add to the cream cheese and lemon mixture. Stir in well.
- Take the base out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top levelling it out.
- Put the cheesecake back in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour until the cheese part has set.
- Serve with the fresh strawberries and enjoy! *also works very well with other fruits too*
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite