Bite-size Chocolate and Strawberry Tarts
My bite-size chocolate and strawberry tarts are a delicious party snack and summer pudding. The mix of rich chocolate truffle and fresh fruity strawberry works so well together. Perfect for BBQ season!
Bring on the easy summer bakes and this recipe definitely qualifies as easy! Delicious tarts perfect for a party.
There is such a simple yet delicious way to make gorgeous little tarts perfect for BBQs and parties this summer. These tarts are made from only 5 ingredients and can be whipped up hours before you need to serve them. You’ll need cupcake/fairly cake tins and this recipe makes about 12/15 bite-size tarts.
I loved creating these little tarts. They are perfectly size for party food. I’ve also made a few for picnics and buffets too. They are super quick to make which always them an extra blessing to me. It’s also easy to make them which I think is why they are always so popular on the blog. You always make them with either milk, dark or white chocolate if that is more to your taste.
Quick and Easy Bite-size Chocolate and Strawberry Tarts…
Bite-size Chocolate and Stawberry Tarts
- 1 packet pre rolled shortcrust pastry (approximately 350g)
- a little plain flour for dusting
- 100 grams plain chocolate
- 50 grams milk chocolate
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 300 grams Strawberries
- 3 passionfruits (optional)
- Remove the shortcrust pastry out of the fridge and leave to warm up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan.
- On a lightly floured surface lay out the pastry and roll to make it a little thinner.
- Cut the pastry into squares. Approximately 4 squares by 3 squares. Approximately 6cm square. It doesn't need to be perfect at all.
- Lightly dust cupcake tins with flour and place the squares in side to make a case.
- Pop them in the oven for 5-10 mins until golden brown.
- When they're cooked remove from the cupcake tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack. Leave the cupcake tins aside for later.
- Break up the chocolate and add it to a mixing bowl along with the tablespoon of butter.
- In a pan heat the cream on a low/medium heat until it starts to lightly bubble.
- Pour over the chocolate and leave to melt for a few minutes and then stir together.
- Pop the cases back in the cold tins (it makes it easier to transport) and spoon the chocolate mix into the pastry cases.
- Pop back in the fridge to harden.
- When you're ready to serve them top them with a strawberry and serve.
- (optional) Add a little passion fruit to the chocolate before the strawberry to add a tart flavour to compliment the fresh and sweet flavour of the strawberry.
The passionfruit is a joyeous addition to the finished tart. If you aren’t too much of a fan or have trouble finding them in shops they are perfectly delicious without. You can make them in advance too so get the pastry and chocolate portions done and keep the strawberries and passion fruit off until you’re ready to serve. Raspberries also work really really well if you want a change of fruit.
Pin me for later!
Feeling inspired by tart? Try out these tarts this summer
Check out my other cakes and sweet treats