Gluten Free Banana and Chocolate Loaf
I love a banana and chocolate loaf and to enjoy it with my friends who can only eat gluten free treats I played about with the recipe to make it work for them. It tasted just as good as my regular banana and chocolate loaf.
120g unsalted butter
180g light brown soft sugar
2 large eggs
450g Gluten free plain flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
tiny pinch of salt
2 large bananas
1tsp vanilla extract
150g milk / white chocolate chips (any flavour chocolate chips work)
– This can be made by hand or in a mixer.
– Heat oven to 180ºC / 160ºC fan oven.
– Line two loaf tin with 1lb loaf liners. They are brilliantly non stick and easy to remove from the loaf tin.
– Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat well. Sieve in the flour with the bicarbonate of soda, salt and mix. Add in the milk, vanilla and chocolate chips.
– Cut up the bananas in to small chunks (or mash them up) and then fold them in to the mixture.
– Fill the loaf tin with the mixture and bake for around 40-50 minutes until golden brown and until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
– Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin. To serve, cut into thick slices and serve warm or at room temperature. It tastes great with single cream or ice cream.
Yum Yum! Goes brilliantly with a cup of tea x