Cocktail season is upon us and my love of both them and bundt cakes have resulted in this beautiful cake. Mojito cake with a boozy drizzle.
It was absolutely delicious and a massive hit at a party. It was soft, sticky from the drizzle and a little sweet from the icing.
- 220g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g lemon yoghurt
- 350g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 175ml white rum
- 50ml water
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 limes thinly cut as decoration
- mint leaves as decoration
- icing sugar and a few drops of water
- Preheat the oven to gas 150 (fan) 160 (regular).
- Grease the tin well. I use melted butter and paint it on with a pastry brush and then I dust with plain flour which helps to find any places on the tin I’ve missed to grease. (the best thing to do with detailed Nordic Ware tins)
- In the mixer cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the yoghurt into the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl measure out and sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mix in slowly until all the flour has disappeared.
- Add the mixture to the prepared bundt cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. When the cake pulls away from the edge of the tin the cake is ready.
- After 30 minutes turn the cake out on to a cooling rack. Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake ready for the drizzle.
- In a pan gently simmer the white rum, water, mint leaves and granulated sugar.
- Keep stirring until the mix starts to thicken and then take off the heat and drizzle over the cake
- Make sure the cake is cold before making up the icing and decorating with the lime and mint.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me.