Cold nights mean pie for pudding! It’s such a versatile dish to make and has thousands of possible fillings. If the oven is going for dinner I love putting in a quick pie to cook for pudding.I tend to use premade shortcrust pastry from the supermarket as it saves time but on occasion I make it from scratch.
- 500g premade shortcrust pastry
- 6 pears
- Juice from half a lemon
- 200g blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out the pastry and line the pastry dish. Trimming off the excess.
- Peel the pears and chop them up and put them in a bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and stir.
- Add the blueberries and pour into the pie dish.
- Using the off cuts cut out the stars and place over the fruit.
- Whisk up an egg and using a pastry brush, brush the egg over the pastry so it goes a beautiful golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the granulated sugar and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Serve straight away.
I loved how the stars looked after their bake. Plus the blueberries had burst making the filling a beautiful purple when it was served.