The Best Brunch Waffles
The Best Brunch Waffles are super quick to make and easy to make sweet or savoury with your choice of toppings. I love a bit of both!
Waffles are now my most favourite way to start the day! Whether I top them with healthy granola and yoghurt or fresh berries and cream or even go full out and enjoy the best brunch waffles were sweet and savoury come together to make something beautiful!
The Best Brunch Waffles Topping Ideas
There are so many ways you can top these brilliant waffles. You can go super healthy or super naughty and make it a sugar fest. Here are my top topping suggestions
Strawberries and cream
Hot mixed berries
Sprinkles (mostly for fun but still a valid choice)
Poached or Fried Eggs
Make it a vessel for a full English breakfast? A few friends hated this idea but we did try it and it definitely worked.
This photo has caused controversy. A few people really think it’s wrong to have all of these flavours together. I don’t. I loved it. Bacon and maple syrup taste great together, as does maple syrup and bananas, ice cream and bananas work too. Bacon, surprisingly me and my taste buds, also works really well together. The smoked bacon I used for this, with the vanilla ice cream gives you that sweet and salted flavour that can be so moreish.
The best breakfast waffles to me are topped with smoked bacon, authentic Cornish clotted cream ice cream, bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup, plus a few sprinkles because why not! So simple but a wonderful idea and truly delicious.
The Best Brunch Waffles
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from half a lemon
- 450 ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn the waffle maker on to heat up
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and sugar, and mix.
- Zest the lemon and add it to the mix along with the juice of half the lemon.
- Add the eggs and oil. Pour in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Cook as per instructions on your waffle maker.
- Top with the cooked bacon
- Add a scoop of ice cream and top with the fresh banana and drizzle the maple. Plus a few sprinkles to really make the brunch look stunning!
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
I think I need to make these again now!
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite