The Best Ever Pancake Recipe
I love pancakes! They are easy to make and can be dressed up with so much both sweet and savory.
This recipe has been passed down by my family to me and I love it.
I love a recipe which works and this one really does.
I was going to take a picture when i made them on the weekend but I forgot and before I realised they had been consumed. YUM
(This recipe makes about 4 large plate size pancakes)
– 4oz of plain flour
– tiny pinch of salt
– 2 eggs
-1/2 (half) pint of milk
Time to make it!
I find making this in a jug is better than a bowl as it is easier to whisk later on.
– To start sieve the flour in to the jug
– Add the egg, salt (I’m not why the small amount of salt is needed but it works so much better with)
– Add the milk and its time to whisk up.
– Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth. It will appear a little runnier than you would have expected but leave it for 5 minutes before using and it will thicken up enough to make some blooming good pancakes.
– To cook the pancake heat up a non stick pan and a tea spoon of butter when the pan is hot.
– Coat the bottom of the pan with the butter as it stops the pancake from sticking.
– Now as the mixture was made in a jug, the mixture can be easily poured in to the pan. Pour in enough to cover the bottom of the pan, roughly a quarter of the mixture. Manoeuvre the pan to get the pancake mixture equally covering the pan.
-The first side of the pancake will be cooked when it can move freely on the non stick pan, flip the pancake over either by tossing it or by using a spatular – I’m too scared to drop the pancake so I use a spatular.
– When both sides are golden brown, take the pan off the heat and serve straight away.
Nothing beats a hot pancake from the straight from the pan
* I was asked if these pancakes keep once you’ve made them, it is possible to keep the mixture in the fridge for a few days until you need it but I can’t say if they keep when you cook them as I’ve never left one to get cold – they just smell so good.
Toppings are a great way to be artistic, and in this case it is perfectly allowable to play with your food.
You can have great toppings like lemon and sugar, nutella and banana, maple syrup and lemon juice with banana, boiled up frozen fruit, fresh strawberries, ice cream, sprinkles, 100s and 1000s
Sugary toppings to seem pretty good to me
Let me know how these work for you, happy cooking