White Chocolate and Ginger Tart with Summer Berries and Chopped Pistachios
With The Championships Wimbledon about to start it’s the best excuse for a new take on the strawberry tart. My tart recipe is a mix of sweet white chocolate and ginger, topped with fresh fruit and chopped pistachios added for crunch.
Anyone for tennis and a slice of tart?
It is definitely a tart for those of you with a sweet tooth but the fresh fruit and nuts really do help make it an absolutely delicious treat!
- 400g custard creams
- 150g unsalted butter
- 300g white chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 250g strawberries
- 100g blueberries
- 80g pistachios - shelled and chopped up
- a few mint leaves
- In a blender or food processor grind up the biscuits until they're crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuits and mix together.
- Spoon the mix into the tart tin and push down to make the base and into corners.
- Pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set while you make the ganache.
- In a pan warm up the double cream until it starts to bubble. Don’t let it boil and then remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces with the 2 teaspoons of butter and ground ginger.
- Take the biscuit case out of the fridge and pour the chocolate mix in.
- Pop it in to the fridge and until set, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge 5-10 minutes before you need it.
- Cover the tart with strawberries, blueberries a few mint leaves and sprinkle the chopped up pistachios over the top.
- Serve and enjoy
You could serve it with cream or ice cream but I think it works pretty well without!