White Chocolate and Ginger Tart with Summer Berries and Chopped Pistachios
This is a rich and fruity tart perfect for summer occasions. You can make it in advance and just top it with beautiful fruit when you’re ready to serve. Enjoy a slice or two of my White Chocolate and Ginger Tart with Summer Berries and Chopped Pistachios.
White Chocolate Tart in time for The Championships Wimbledon
With The Championships Wimbledon about to start it’s the best excuse for a new take on the strawberry tart. My tart recipe is a mix of sweet white chocolate and ginger, topped with fresh fruit and chopped pistachios added for crunch.
Anyone for tennis and a slice of tart?
It is definitely a tart for those of you with a sweet tooth but the fresh fruit and nuts really do help make it an absolutely delicious treat! I love the crunch of the pistachios. If you use salted pistachios it will add an extra flavour. The salt and the sweet isn’t everyones cup of tea but I think they taste really good together.
White Chocolate and Ginger Tart Recipe
I absolutely love this recipe. It’s unusual to do white chocolate tarts and I think they will be very popular. They are sweet tarts but adding extra flavours to it like the ginger. I would also recommend adding some cinnamon to make it more Christmassy. Then top with a cranberry coolie.
This is so super delicious. It’s a super simple base which has a lot of flavour on it’s own so the addition of fruits takes it to the next level. Perfect for parties and events all year long.
White Chocolate and Ginger Tart with Pistachios
- 400 g custard creams
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 300 g white chocolate
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 250 g strawberries
- 100 g blueberries
- 80 g pistachios – shelled and chopped up
- a few mint leaves
- In a blender or food processor grind up the biscuits until they’re crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuits and mix together.
- Spoon the mix into the tart tin and push down to make the base and into corners.
- Pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set while you make the ganache.
- In a pan warm up the double cream until it starts to bubble. Don’t let it boil and then remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces with the 2 teaspoons of butter and ground ginger.
- Take the biscuit case out of the fridge and pour the chocolate mix in.
- Pop it in to the fridge and until set, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge 5-10 minutes before you need it.
- Cover the tart with strawberries, blueberries a few mint leaves and sprinkle the chopped up pistachios over the top.
- Serve and enjoy
You could serve it with cream or ice cream but I think it works pretty well without!
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Other tarts you might enjoy
perfect for spring, summer autumn and winter meals outside or have it
cold in the lunch box.