The quirky foodie heaven of Coolangatta Wimbledon is a brilliant place to catch up with friends over a coffee. Their food is also delicious!
In Merton Park, opposite the new and improved Nelson Hospital is the brand new independent cafe, Coolangatta. Opened in May this year this little gem of a cafe is the friendliest place to be for beautiful brunches all day, casual coffees with friends and an egg-citing range of egg dishes. Yes I made the egg pun!
Here are my top notes about Coolangatta Wimbledon
- There is a relaxed and happy atmosphere inside the cafe with lots of seating and it’s very child friendly too. They also have work by local artists on the wall which really adds to the sense of community.
- Their menu is perfect for brunch fans and with such a range of tasty things to try it will make sure you return many many times.
- I love that they cater for vegetarians but also have gluten free and vegan options on the menu.
- For my first brunch at Coolangatta I had the Avo on toast (Yes I’m obsessed with Avocado so had to!) It was served on sourdough toast, with tomato, feta with a balsamic glaze and topped with a poached egg.
- It was so fresh, full of flavour and the perfect size portion. I was happy for the rest of the day to have enjoyed a meal that was so healthy and filling.
- Brunch with a pot of tea was approximately £12-15
- Would I return? Yes absolutely.
- Next time I’m trying the pancakes, or maybe the full Nelson or maybe the Brekkie Sarnie.
Coolangatta, 281 Kingston Road, Wimbledon, SW20 8LB