Christmas Cranberry Flapjacks
The Christmas spirit has officially kicked in for me and I can’t wait to get more festive over the next few weeks. To start off my Christmas bakes I whipped up these delicious and easy Christmas Sparkle Cranberry Flapjacks.
- 600g oats / Gluten Free oats work too (don’t use instant porridge oats)
- 200g condensed milk
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 3tbsp heaped golden syrup
- 300g butter
- 100g dried cranberries
- edible gold stardust from Waitrose
- gold pearl decorations from Sainsburys
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line 9 x 12 inch tin with greaseproof paper. It’s so much easier for getting them out.
- Add the butter, golden syrup, sugar and condensed milk to a saucepan and on a low heat melt together and keep stirring until all combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and cranberries.
- Spoon into the tin and level off.
- Sprinkle with the golden pearl decorations and lightly press them in using the back of spoon.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cut them while they are still got and leave to cool.
A sprinkle of edible gold dust certainly adds a lovely touch of Christmas sparkle!