I thought it would be a fantastic time to repost the gingerbread recipe I posted a few months ago. Perfect to make for Christmas. Happy Baking.
Gingerbread Recipe –
62g unsalted butter
50g dark muscovado sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
162g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1.5 tsp ground ginger
3 tablespoons of water
– Preheat the oven to 180°C,
– Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
– Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan, stirring so all the ingredients have combined
– Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
– Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a bowl and stir the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a stiff dough.
– Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a thickness of about 5mm.
– If the dough is really crumby add the water to hold the mixture together.
– Using cutters or templates – any shape can work, cut the shapes you want.
– if you want to hang the gingerbread on the tree use a skewer or a teaspon handle to make a hole.
– Place the shapes onto the lined baking trays and bake for 9-10 minutes until light golden brown.
– The gingerbread doesn’t spread when in the oven so the shapes do not have to be far apart – about 2cm will do.
– Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
– When they have completely cooled down you can decorate with icing.
Gingerbread biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.