Orange, Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas isn’t Christmas without yummy cookies and these filled with cinnamon and orange are delicious plus adding chocolate chips is always a good idea.
200g light muscovado sugar
120g soft unsalted butter
1 medium egg
½ teaspoon of Nielsen-Massey orange extract
200g plain flour
tiny pinch of salt
½ ground cinnamon
½ ground nutmeg
½ bicarbonate of soda
60g candied peel chopped finely
80g chocolate chips to add to the mix
20g chocolate chips to add to the dough balls for decorations
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (160 fan, gas mark 5) and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
– Cream together the butter and sugar.
– Stir in the egg and orange extract.
– Sieve in the flour with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and bicarb.
– Add the shopped candied peel and the 80g of chocolate chips.
– Roll the cookies into balls. I used one heaped tablespoons of each ball.
– Leave a space between the cookies as they will spread.
– Place the remaining chocolate chips on top of the dough balls. These won’t sink into the mix when baking (see the photo above).
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
– Leave to cool slightly before enjoying. They taste amazing warm with a glass of milk or cup of tea.