Orange & Cinnamon Eggnog
I think it’s a very British thing to think that Eggnog is weird. It is, but it is delicious.
I’ve been trying out this American Christmas staple and adding my own flavour twist to the classic recipe by Waitrose Cellar. See the original recipe here Waitrose Cellar Eggnog.
I love the cinnamon and orange flavours at Christmas and love adding to them to most things. With the addition of Cointreau to the rum and the nutmeg on top this frothie and milky drink takes on a lovely extra Christmassy feeling. I hope you like it and it makes a very nice pudding.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 25g caster sugar
- 100ml rum or bourbon
- 50ml Cointreau
- 200ml whole milk
- 150 ml whipping cream
- a little sprinkle of nutmeg and mixed spice
- nutmeg to serve
- freshly grated orange zest to serve
- Whisk the caster sugar and egg yolks together for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the rum, Cointreau and the milk along with the spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the rum and egg yolk mixture into the whites very gradually using a metal spoon.
- Finally, whip the cream (until just holding its shape) then fold into the mixture too.
- Ladle into your glasses and dust with nutmeg and orange zest to serve.
Waitrose Cellar provided me with gift voucher to purchase the ingredients for my recipe. The ideas are all my own.