I love Avocados and the chance to try making an Avocado Easter egg was just something I couldn’t pass up.
Avocado Easter eggs are so easy to make and very fun for the whole family to make and eat. I’ve already got a few orders for them!
I’d love to know what you think of my video too! Still getting to grips with making them again after all this time.
Let’s get making the Avocado Easter egg…
- 300g milk chocolate
- 150g white chocolate
- green colour paste (use a colour paste not a liquid so the chocolate keeps its consistency)
- 2 creme eggs
- Melt the milk chocolate in 20 second bursts in the microwave.
- Add a layer of the chocolate to the Easter Egg mould and place in the fridge to set. Repeat 3 times to give the egg a good thick shell.
- Place the creme eggs in the freezer.
- Melt the white chocolate in 20 second bursts in the microwave.
- Stir in a little of the colouring paste at a time until you get the avocado green you want.
- Draw the egg shape the size of your mould on a piece of paper. Place on a board or baking tray and add a sheet of greaseproof paper over the top and fill in the shape with the green chocolate. Pop in the fridge to harden.
- When all the chocolate is hard take the green pieces out of the fridge and using the left over milk chocolate add a boarder.
- Remove the egg shell from the mould and stick to the green egg. Allow to harden.
- Turn the egg over to show the green flat avocado base.
- Remove the creme egg from the freezer and cut in half along the ridge.
- Using the last of the melted milk chocolate stick the half creme egg to the green piece roughly where the avocado pit would be.
- Wrap in cellophane and give as a gift or enjoy straight away!
Happy Easter and I really hope you enjoyed my little avocado Easter egg tutorial.
Check out my YouTube channel with lots more videos www.youtube.com/user/TheSewWhite