Easter Chocolate Fridge Tray Bake
Easter certainly seems to be a festival of chocolate this year and to celebrate and give into the good sweet stuff I have update a favourite of my recipes to have an Easter theme. I give you my Easter chocolate fridge tray bake. It’s so quick, brilliantly tasty and a fantastic way to use up any bits of chocolate you have left over.
Here is the original fridge bake www.sewwhite.com/baking/maltesers-summer-fridge-tray-bake/
Sweet, chocolatey and delicious.
– 100g unsalted butter
– 3 tablespoons golden syrup
– 200g milk chocolate
– 300g digestives
– 100g maltesers
– 100g mini eggs
– 300g white chocolate
– 100g micro eggs for decorations
– Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate in a saucepan on a gentle heat, keep stirring. Take it off the heat when it’s all melted together.
– Crush the digestives to crumbs and add to the melted chocolate mixture. (I use a rolling pin and hit the biscuits while they are in a bag to make the crumbs.)
– Once throughly mixed add the maltesers, mini eggs and any other chocolate bits and bobs you have. I also added a few ferrero rocher eggs roughly chopped to enjoy. Jelly beans are also a fabulous thing to add.
– Line a medium baking tray with greaseproof paper.
– Put the mixture into the pan and press in firmly to compact the mix in.
– Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over hot water. When it has melted pour the chocolate over the mix.
– Decorate with micro eggs or other eggs/decorations you like.
– Put in the fridge until set – after 1 hour cut into slices and return to the fridge. It’s easier to cut when it’s still soft.
Delicious and I love the addition of extra eggs on top and the last of the chocolate rabbits I had looked so sweet on top.
It looked so inviting when I cut up. I must not eat it all in one go but it appears I might have attempted it.
I’m entering this chocolate masterpiece into Lucy at Supergolden Bakes weekly round up #CookBlogShare.