Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (160 fan, gas mark 5) and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the egg and orange extract.
- Sieve in the flour with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and bicarb.
- Add the shopped candied peel and the 80g of chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookies into balls. I used one heaped tablespoons of each ball.
- Leave a space between the cookies as they will spread.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips on top of the dough balls. These won't sink into the mix when baking (see the photo above).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before enjoying. They taste amazing warm with a glass of milk or cup of tea.