My Quick Summer Spaghetti is made with a mix of fresh herbs, red onion, tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Summer is the time to enjoy the sunshine (if we are lucky to have it) so delicious and filling food that doesn’t take all day to make. This simple spaghetti tastes amazing and is so easily adaptable to include your favourite things. I love the fresh herbs in this dish. It always amazes me how much flavour they give the finished food. The parsley and basil are just incredible with the other flavours. I love the crisp red onion, soft tomatoes, spicy olives (I love chilli olives) mixed with the red wine vinegar and olive oil keeps it light and fresh.
Perfect for events
I love this dish and it is a summer special for my family. What I also love is that hot or cold it tastes great. So if you make a little too much save it for your lunch the next day. I love how versatile this recipe is too. It’s great as a mean meal but also works so well for a side dish. I always make this for summer BBQs and parties. It’s loved by children and adults always. Use it as a base for your favourite flavours too. If you prefer sundried tomatoes go for it. It’s a very flexible recipe and one that you will enjoy time and time again.
Quick Summer Spaghetti Recipe
Quick Summer Spaghetti
- 200 g of spaghetti
- 1 small red onion
- 300 g baby or plum tomatoes
- 100 g olives
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- handful of basil
- 2 tablespoons on capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- red chilli optional
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet
- While the spaghetti is cooking chop up the tomatoes and herbs plus thinly slice the red onion and put into a larger serving bowl along with the capers and olives.
- Pour over the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- When the spaghetti is cooked mix all the ingredients together and then serve.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Simple and delicious. Enjoy!
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite