The Ivy Café Wimbledon – At A Glance
The Ivy Café Wimbledon is a special venue and perfect for relaxed meal, celebrations, a lovely cocktail and of course you have to try their puddings!
My main points on The Ivy Café Wimbledon
- Beautiful decor like stepping in to a 1920s Paris restaurant with Art Deco glamour throughout. Warm orange, gold and red tones along with creams and yellows fill the restaurant. Beautiful vintage prints line the walls.
- The terrace boasts a Provençal garden with beautiful sky views which feels like a dream location.
- Beautifully presented food. Very attentive and friendly staff.
- The quality of the food and the feel of the restaurant makes it feel very exclusive. It feels like the place for a special occasion but the huge range of dishes available and the agreeable price will definitely encourage many visits.
- What we ate; Prawn Cocktail, Mozzarella di Bufala, Salmon and Smoked Haddock Fish Cake, Grilled Chicken Salad, Thick Cut Chips with Truffle and Parmesan, Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Bomb with salted caramel sauce.
- What we drank; Rosemary Lemonade, Green Juice (made with Avocado) and Peach & Elderflower Iced Tea.
- Great size portions. As a fine dining restaurant you’d expect to have dainty portions but I was surprised by the size of the food on my plate. The portion sizes had been really well thought out to be enough to really enjoy the flavours and feel happily full when finished.
- A large menu with meat, fish and vegetarian options for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Wonderful drinks and cocktail menu including delicious alcohol free options.
- Incredible food at a beautiful fine dining restaurant for a very fair price making a very special experience which can be often repeated.
- Roughly £40-£50 per person for a starter, main, pudding and drink.
- Would we go back – try and stop us!
The Ivy Café, 75 High St, Wimbledon Village , London SW19 5EQ