Wimbledon Beer Pulled Pork Recipe
Pulled pork is incredibly popular at the moment and making it in a slow cooker is really easy. The Beer Pulled Pork can be used in so many different ways but a family favourite is using it in burgers.
Beer Pulled Pork
I like to make a lot of pulled work and use it throughout the week in different meals. I worked with Wimbledon Brewery on this recipe and cooking the pork in the beer worked so incredibly well for flavour.
How incredible does this look!
Pulled pork is so simple to make and by cooking it just with beer and a few herbs the taste is beautiful.
I love how it’s easy and can feed a lot of people. Slow cookers are magical machines!
There are so many wonderful things you can serve the beer pulled pork with including fresh crispy salads, adding it to a pasta sauce or even with roast potatoes and fresh veg.
A beautiful fresh crunchy coleslaw made with red cabbage and carrots is a wonderful addition to the soft burger bun and pulled pork.
A beautiful and delicious burger. Perfect for meals and also transports really well for picnics and in lunch boxes.
I used Wimbledon Brewery’s Tower SPA to cook the pork shoulder in. It has a fruit, floral spice and orange smell with a full, rounded taste with a bittersweet finish.
I would really recommend a visit to Wimbledon Brewery. They do tours and tastings and on Saturday have a food and beer market. You can also buy their beer online. It’s definitely worth getting a few extra bottles to enjoy with the burgers!
Beer Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1.5 kg pork shoulder
- 1.3 litres of Wimbledon Brewery Tower SPA 4 bottles
- 200 ml water
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- salt and pepper
- Burger buns
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 red chilli
- fresh parsley
- half a teaspoon of salt
- juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of plain yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Pop the pork in an oven safe pot with a lid or slow cooker pot fat side up and add the beer. Sprinkle the pork with the sugar, herbs and spices. Cook in the oven at 125 degrees for 6 hours. Or pop in the slow cooker on low for 10 hours or overnight.
- To make the coleslaw fine chop all the ingredients and add to a bowl. Add the chilli to taste. Sprinkle over the salt and drizzle with the lime juice, oil and balsamic vinegar. Give it a good stir.
- To make the mayonnaise mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Take the pulled pork out of the beer and pull it apart.
- Stack the burgers high with the pulled pork, coleslaw and mayonnaise and enjoy.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.