5 Ingredient Super Simple Slaw
This 5 Ingredient Super Simple Slaw is quick to make and tastes wonderful with a range of dishes. Perfect for BBQ season when you want a little crunch with your meal.
I love the super simple slaw. It’s crunchy, fresh and so adaptable to go with a range of meals. We started having it with pulled pork burgers and I love the difference between the hot soft pulled pork and the crunchy salad.
If a pulled pork burger takes your fancy you can find my recipe for pulled pork cooked in Wimbledon Brewery beer here. I love pulled pork burgers with this salad. The soft meat and crisp fresh salad is just beautiful. I’m hungry just writing this now! Note to self make these burgers this week.
This is so easy to make and you only need 5 ingredients to create it. Red cabbage, red onion, carrot, parsley and red chilli. So if you don’t like chilli it’s a 4 ingredient recipe. How simple right!
This is my base recipe for slaw but can be easily added to. Sometimes I add tomatoes and chilli when I want it to have more of a kick.
This creamy dressing goes really well with the slaw too. It might look like a lot more ingredients to make a dressing but there mostly store cupboard items. (Well they are in mine.) The dressing will last a few days in a sealed jar in the fridge. So if you have any spare left over after enjoying the slaw pop it in a jar and pop in the fridge.
5 Ingredient Super Simple Slaw Recipe with optional creamy dressing
Pin me for later
Super Simple Slaw
Super Simple Slaw
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- fresh parsley
- 1 red chilli optional for a little more heat
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of plain yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- juice from one lime
- small pinch of salt
Making the Slaw
- To make the coleslaw thinly chop all the ingredients and add to a bowl.
- Give it a good stir. It’s that simple
Making the Dressing
- For the dressing mix everything together and it’s ready to serve.
Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
Recipes you might like