My Beef Stew with Mustard Croutons is a delicious beef stew made even more fantastic with the mustard covered bread on top which adds a rich heat to the finished dish.
I am always up for a challenge and when the opportunity came to enter the Maison Maille culinary challenge, to incorporate one of their products in to a recipe, I had to enter! I decided to use the Maison Maille fresh wholegrain mustard with Chardonnay wine for use in my recipe.
Here is my entry of the competition – Beef Stew with Mustard Croutons.
The mustard is available on the Maille website .
I love a beef stew and these are the ingredients I started with.
Chunky bits of baguette ready to be covered with the Maille wholegrain mustard.
The amount of mustard you put on it to taste. This wholegrain mustard with the Chardonnay wine is sweet and not too strong so more was certainly better.
The baguette on top of the stew ready to serve. The bottom half of the baguette will be full of the juice of the stew.
I hope you like my beef stew with mustard baguette dumplings.
*I was sent the Maille products as apart of my entry in to the competition*
Beef Stew with Mustard Croutons
- 1 onion
- – 3-4 shallots
- – fresh chilli to taste
- – stewing beef about 450g
- – 2 parsnips
- – 2 carrots
- – Worcestershire sauce
- – 1 pint of beef stock
- – 2 tins of tomatoes
- – splash of red wine
- – 1 teaspoon of mustard Maison Maille fresh wholegrain mustard
- – 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh thyme
- – 1 baguette
- – Maison Maille fresh wholegrain mustard for the baguette.
- Preheat the oven to 140-150 degrees.
- – Chop the onions, shallots and chilli and soften with a splash of oil in a oven proof casserole dish on the hob.
- – When the onions are soft add the beef and lightly brown off.
- – Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips and add to the onions and beef. Soft for 5 minutes
- – Add the stock, tomatoes, teaspoon of mustard and the splash of Worcestershire Sauce and wine. Season with salt and pepper and the dried thyme.
- – Stir everything together and pop in the oven for 1h30 minutes.
- – After 1h30 slice the baguette into good chunks about 2 inches wide. Coat one side of the baguette with wholegrain mustard.
- – Pop into the baguette pieces into the stew – don’t push them down too far as you don’t want the pieces soggy.
- – Cook the stew with the baguette in for 30 minutes.
- – Serve and enjoy.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite
2 thoughts on “Beef Stew with Mustard Croutons”
This was so tasty! Really love the mustard
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!