Spicy Sticky Chicken Salad is a great dinner and it can be left in the fridge over night to marinate or made just before cooking. It’s only 6 ingredients plus salad to create the whole dish.
I am loving the mix of garlic and ginger in my dishes at the moment and this Spicy Sticky Chicken Salad recipe uses it very well if I say so myself. Finely chop the garlic and ginger along with the chilli, add it to a bowl with chicken breast with soy sauce and honey. It gives a great salty, sweet and spicy taste. If you have a food processor then you can make a smooth paste to use or if you don’t finely chopping it also works too.
The trio of great tastes. Garlic, ginger and chilli. These epic range of flavours make this dish one of my favourites. If you want to add even more eat use hotter chillies.
Adding the chicken to a crisp green salad with avocado and sundried tomatoes combined the tastes so well and made this a great meal for the family and with a bit left over, perfect for my work lunch box.
This is a great fresh meal to make. It’s also wonderful because you can get most of the chicken prep done earlier in the day or even the day before. Mix together and pop it in the fridge until ready.
Spicy Sticky Chicken Salad
- 1 chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm thumb of ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 300 grams chicken
- 1 lettuce (I chose Romaine for it’s crunch)
- 2 avocados
- 50 grams sundried tomatoes
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Chop up the chicken into bite size pieces and add to a bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger and chilli and add to the chicken.
- Add in the honey and soy sauce.
- Leave to soak and marinade for at least 30 mins.
- While the chicken is marinading chop up the salad items and add them to a large bowl.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, warm up a pan and add the chicken. Pour over the marinade left over. Cook through and add to the top of the salad and serve.
Please note that the nutrition information provided above is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Follow me on instagram to see what I’ve been making recently. www.instagram.com/sewwhite